For our 99th event, we are heading north to rendezvous with the River Rhymney at Bedwas.
The part of the river chosen is wide and will not be deep. This is an area we haven’t tackled before and we are bound to be able to make a difference in a short space of time.
There will be two types of cleaning, a general litter pick for those who want to stay dry and waders for those that don’t mind getting wet.
There is a pub nearby called the Fisherman’s rest and time permitting, we may clean up under the pretty bridge which has a few unsightly items lucking in the water.
As this location is not easy to get too by public transport, we will arrange rendezvous points for those that need a lift so please let me know if you want a lift so we can arrange a pickup.
- Meet at Pontcanna fields changing rooms between 9:55 -10:10 or
- Meet at Café at Morrisons, Llanishen between 10:00-10:15 (by the Tax office)
For those unfamiliar with the area, see the map and directions below.
Event time: 11:00-13:00
Meet time: 10:45
Date: Sunday, 11th January 2015
Meeting place: Bearmach, Pant Glas Industrial estate, Bedwas @ 10:45
Parking: Car park next to Bearmach, Pant Glas Industrial estate, Bedwas.
Look out for the purple truck with the CRG logo parked opposite Univar.
Please check the weather forecast and if appropriate, bring waterproof clothing in case of wet weather.
Please let me know if you can make it so we can gauge the numbers.
Come with us and ‘Make a difference!’.
Directions from Caerphilly crossroads:
- Head north towards Caerphilly on the A469, passing Thornhill Crematorium and the Travellers rest along the way.
- At the Mountain café, turn right onto the B4623 sign posted Mountain.
- Pass through the centre of Caerphilly and Caerphilly castle.
- At the traffic lights by the Piccadilly pub, turn right passing the Caerphilly Morrisons and Lansbury Park.
- At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit head to Bedwas which is the on the A468.
- Follow the road for approx. 1 mile and turn right into the Pant Glas Industrial estate.