We collected two “tipper” truckloads of filth and Dave is very happy with the scrap he collected, including 3 bikes, a battery and a record player, half a shopping trolley and a road sign.
Other finds included an 8ft palette, a mattress, a network router and a boxing glove (singular).
A lot of work was done unblocking the streams and removing fallen trees.
There were numerous things that made this event a good ‘un:
- Cardiff Parks support
- At least 10,000 steps for those with ‘Fitbits’
- Ice breaking. The lake at the top of the park was completely frozen over.
- Mud to wallow in.
- Blockages to remove.
- Sawing-up of fallen trees.
- Bushes to trim.
- Scrap to sell.
- A local councillor — Lisa Ford — who ran a mobile surgery during the event if you could catch her.
- Help from the local ‘Friends of The Dell’ group
- A sniffer dog!
- A new recruit — Hywel — who thoroughly enjoyed the experience.
- 9 people in the pub afterwards!